SAVE THE DATE: Our 2018 Skating Show will be at 3 pm on Sunday, March 25, 2018 at Thompson Arena. Registration will begin February 14 and end on March 1. Complete show details, e.g. registration, rehearsal schedule, etc., here (pdf).
Purchase your 2018 Skating Show tickets here.
Our tentative 2017-18 skating sessions are listed below but the dates are subject to change, so please check back before registering.
- Fall 1: October 2nd thru October 26th *Registration Closed*
- Fall 2: October 30th thru December 18th *Registration Closed*
- Winter: January 1st thru February 23rd *Registration Closed*
- Spring: February 26th thru April 5th *Register Here*
SCAD skaters and their families enjoyed an afternoon of skating at Thompson Arena.
SCAD skaters get to spend an hour on the ice with the Dartmouth College Figure Skating Team!
- Snow Plow Sam: Designed to help the Pre-School age skater develop the preliminary coordination and strength necessary to maneuver on the ice. For ages 3-5.
- Basic Skills 1-8: The “BASIC (skating) SKILLS” are fundamental to the sport. The eight levels of the program introduce the fundamental skating moves: forward skating, backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers, three turns, mohawks. These skills are essential elements to becoming a strong figure skater or hockey player.
- Speed Skating: The Speed Skating Program is for skaters wanting to learn the fundamentals of Speed Skating. The Speed Skating track introduces beginning speed skating techniques to skaters who have learned the basic skating fundamentals in Basic Skills 1-4. Skaters will be ready for racing after completing the Speed 1-6 badge levels. Speed Skating is led by 2-time US Olympian Dan Weinstein.
- Hockey Edge Power Skating: Edge work and power skating skills coaching for hockey players in Mites through Bantam programs. Our coach is certified in power skating and hockey skills by the Professional Skater’s Association.
- Freestyle: This is for those skaters who have gone through the Basic Skills 1-8 and would like to pursue figure skating. In addition, skaters who have passed Basic Skills 3 are eligible to participate in some Freestyle sessions as well.
- Adults: This program promotes physical fitness and improves balance and coordination while learning proper skating techniques. This program is open to beginner through advanced skaters.
For more information, check out our Programs page.
- Ice & Event Schedule