United States Figure Skating Test Session: Gold Panel
Thompson Arena, Dartmouth College
**Registration Form (pdf) and Test Session Payment (online)**
We are pleased to announce the SCAD Family Skate will be on Sunday, December 2, 12:15p-1:15p at Thompson Arena, Dartmouth College. **Registration details will be posted soon.**
Our 2018-19 session dates are listed below.
Learn to Skate Program
- Fall 1: October 1 thru October 25 *Registration begins September 10 and ends September 24*
- Fall 2: October 29 thru December 20 *Registration begins October 8 and ends October 22*
- Winter: January 3 thru February 21 *Registration details TBA*
- Spring: February 25 thru April 4 *Registration details TBA*
- Fall 1: September 16 thru October 26 *Registration begins September 10 and ends September 24*
- Fall 2: October 28 thru December 28 *Registration begins October 8 and ends October 22*
- Winter: December 31 thru February 22 *Registration details TBA*
- Spring: February 24 thru April 12 (end date subject to change) *Registration details TBA*
SCAD skaters and their families enjoyed an afternoon of skating at Thompson Arena.
SCAD skaters get to spend an hour on the ice with the Dartmouth College Figure Skating Team!
- Snow Plow Sam: Designed to help the Pre-School age skater develop the preliminary coordination and strength necessary to maneuver on the ice. For ages 3-5.
- Basic Skills 1-8: The “BASIC (skating) SKILLS” are fundamental to the sport. The eight levels of the program introduce the fundamental skating moves: forward skating, backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers, three turns, mohawks. These skills are essential elements to becoming a strong figure skater or hockey player.
- Speed Skating: The Speed Skating Program is for skaters wanting to learn the fundamentals of Speed Skating. The Speed Skating track introduces beginning speed skating techniques to skaters who have learned the basic skating fundamentals in Basic Skills 1-4. Skaters will be ready for racing after completing the Speed 1-6 badge levels. Speed Skating is led by 2-time US Olympian Dan Weinstein.
- Hockey Edge Power Skating: Edge work and power skating skills coaching for hockey players in Mites through Bantam programs. Our coach is certified in power skating and hockey skills by the Professional Skater’s Association.
- Freestyle: This is for those skaters who have gone through the Basic Skills 1-8 and would like to pursue figure skating. In addition, skaters who have passed Basic Skills 3 are eligible to participate in some Freestyle sessions as well.
- Adults: This program promotes physical fitness and improves balance and coordination while learning proper skating techniques. This program is open to beginner through advanced skaters.
For more information, check out our Programs page.
- Ice & Event Schedule