We anticipate that the 2016/17 skating season will begin the week of October 2nd. We’ll be offering group lessons on Monday (4:30-5:20pm) and Thursday (4:30-6pm) afternoons. Freestyle ice will be available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Some freestyle ice times may begin in mid-September.
For planning purposes, the tentative session dates are:
- Fall 1 — October 2nd thru October 28th (freestyle start date TBD)
- Fall 2 – October 30th thru December 19th (thru December 30th for freestyle)
- Winter – January 2nd thru March 3rd
- Spring – March 5th thru April 7th
Online registration for Fall 1 will be available the week of September 12th.
- Snow Plow Sam: Designed to help the Pre-School age skater develop the preliminary coordination and strength necessary to maneuver on the ice. For ages 3-5.
- Basic Skills 1-8: The “BASIC (skating) SKILLS” are fundamental to the sport. The eight levels of the program introduce the fundamental skating moves: forward skating, backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers, three turns, mohawks. These skills are essential elements to becoming a strong figure skater or hockey player.
- Speed Skating: The Speed Skating Program is for skaters wanting to learn the fundamentals of Speed Skating. The Speed Skating track introduces beginning speed skating techniques to skaters who have learned the basic skating fundamentals in Basic Skills 1-4. Skaters will be ready for racing after completing the Speed 1-6 badge levels. Speed Skating is led by 2-time US Olympian Dan Weinstein.
- Hockey Edge Power Skating: Edge work and power skating skills coaching for hockey players in Mites through Bantam programs. Our coach is certified in power skating and hockey skills by the Professional Skater’s Association.
- Freestyle: This is for those skaters who have gone through the Basic Skills 1-8 and would like to pursue figure skating. In addition, skaters who have passed Basic Skills 3 are eligible to participate in some Freestyle sessions as well.
- Adults: This program promotes physical fitness and improves balance and coordination while learning proper skating techniques. This program is open to beginner through advanced skaters.
- Ice & Event Schedule