The 2015/16 skating season will begin on Sept. 20th for Freestyle and the week of Sept. 27th for group lessons.
Online registration is now open for group lessons. You may sign-up by clicking on the “Register” button. Specific information and policies for each our programs is available on our registration page.
The registration deadline for Fall 1 is:
- Monday, September 21st for Freestyle
- Thursday, September 24th for Group Lessons.
Registrations will be accepted after that date on a space available basis and subject to a late fee.
The 2015-16 Skating Season will begin the week of September 27th. There will be 4 sessions this season:
- Fall 1 — Sept. 27th thru Oct. 30th
- Fall 2 – Nov. 1st thru Dec. 21st for group lessons (thru Dec 29th for freestyle)
- Winter – Jan. 3rd thru Feb. 26th
- Spring – Feb 29th thru Apr. 8th
During the season, we’ll be offering group lessons on Monday and Thursday afternoons (Pre-School, Basic Skills, Hockey Edge and Speed Skating). Freestyle ice will be available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
We are excited to be offering 8 pre-season Freestyle sessions between 8/17-9/13. All sessions will be held at Thompson. Basic 4+ skaters are eligible to skate on these sessions.
- Mon, 8/17 5:45-6:45pm
- Thu, 8/20 5:45-6:45pm
- Sun, 8/23 8:45-10:15am (sign up for 60 or 90 minutes of ice; Clinic avail)
- Sun, 8/30 8:45-10:15am (sign up for 60 or 90 minutes of ice; Clinic avail)
- Mon, 8/31 5:45-6:45pm
- Thu, 9/3 5:45-6:45pm
- Thu, 9/10 6:45-7:45pm
- Sun, 9/13 9:15-10:15am
Thank you to the Upper Valley community and our skaters for making this year’s Skating Spectacular a wonderful event! More than 40 Skating Club at Dartmouth skaters joined forces with World Ice Dance Competitors, Olympic Speed Skaters, the Dartmouth College Skating team and many others to raise money for the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD)!
We’re excited to let you know that this year’s Show raised $5,600 for CHaD, which will be doubled by CHaD’s funding partner Positive Tracks for a total contribution of $11,200!
Thank you to our sponsors!
Hypertherm HOPE Foundation
Lyme Veterinary Hospital
Martha E. Diebold Real Estate
White Mountains Capital, Inc.
Peraza Dermatology Group
Estes & Gallup, Inc.
Hanover Improvement Society
Dartmouth Athletics and Recreation
Mascoma Savings Bank
Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty
BE Fit Physical Therapy
Stateline Sports LLC
Hanover Agency, Inc.
Housing Solutions Real Estate, LLC
BaySon Hanover Properties, LLC
Hanover Road Dental Health
Rigali Orthodontix / Paul H Rigali, DDS, PC
Cioffredi & Associates
Mark & Lori Ashton
John & Deb Greenan
Don & Nancy Mae Hurley
Mary & John Lammert
Jean Lim & Wayne Chin
Keith Loud & Nina Sand-Loud
Chris & Ray Morin
Jennifer Morin & William Winand
Tim & Courtney Pierson
Won Mok Shim
Rob & Janice Starkey
Roddy & Gretchen Young
- Snow Plow Sam: Designed to help the Pre-School age skater develop the preliminary coordination and strength necessary to maneuver on the ice. For ages 3-5.
- Basic Skills 1-8: The “BASIC (skating) SKILLS” are fundamental to the sport. The eight levels of the program introduce the fundamental skating moves: forward skating, backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers, three turns, mohawks. These skills are essential elements to becoming a strong figure skater or hockey player.
- Speed Skating: The Speed Skating Program is for skaters wanting to learn the fundamentals of Speed Skating. The Speed Skating track introduces beginning speed skating techniques to skaters who have learned the basic skating fundamentals in Basic Skills 1-4. Skaters will be ready for racing after completing the Speed 1-6 badge levels. Speed Skating is led by 2-time US Olympian Dan Weinstein.
- Hockey Edge Power Skating: Edge work and power skating skills coaching for hockey players in Mites through Bantam programs. Our coach is certified in power skating and hockey skills by the Professional Skater’s Association.
- Freestyle: This is for those skaters who have gone through the Basic Skills 1-8 and would like to pursue figure skating. In addition, skaters who have passed Basic Skills 3 are eligible to participate in some Freestyle sessions as well.
- Adults: This program promotes physical fitness and improves balance and coordination while learning proper skating techniques. This program is open to beginner through advanced skaters.
- Ice & Event Schedule