Save the Date: Family Skate for SCAD Skaters
November, 19, 1:30 pm, Thompson Arena
Registration details will be posted soon.
** Please note that there will be no Open Freestyle ice this Sunday, October 15 at Hartford Rink. If you have contracted Sunday ice, SCAD will offer you a session credit to use before the end of the skating season. We realize that skaters who only qualify for the Open session cannot use this on other days and therefore are happy to extend the credit for a one time skate on either a Tuesday or Friday session. **
The 2017-18 skating season will begin the week of October 2nd. For your planning purposes, the session dates are posted below:
- Fall 1: October 2nd thru October 26th * Registration Closed*
- Fall 2: October 30th thru December 18th * Registration will begin October 11 and end October 23.*
- Winter: January 4th thru March 1st
- Spring: March 5th thru April 5th
(Please note that these dates are subject to change so check back to confirm.)
- Snow Plow Sam: Designed to help the Pre-School age skater develop the preliminary coordination and strength necessary to maneuver on the ice. For ages 3-5.
- Basic Skills 1-8: The “BASIC (skating) SKILLS” are fundamental to the sport. The eight levels of the program introduce the fundamental skating moves: forward skating, backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers, three turns, mohawks. These skills are essential elements to becoming a strong figure skater or hockey player.
- Speed Skating: The Speed Skating Program is for skaters wanting to learn the fundamentals of Speed Skating. The Speed Skating track introduces beginning speed skating techniques to skaters who have learned the basic skating fundamentals in Basic Skills 1-4. Skaters will be ready for racing after completing the Speed 1-6 badge levels. Speed Skating is led by 2-time US Olympian Dan Weinstein.
- Hockey Edge Power Skating: Edge work and power skating skills coaching for hockey players in Mites through Bantam programs. Our coach is certified in power skating and hockey skills by the Professional Skater’s Association.
- Freestyle: This is for those skaters who have gone through the Basic Skills 1-8 and would like to pursue figure skating. In addition, skaters who have passed Basic Skills 3 are eligible to participate in some Freestyle sessions as well.
- Adults: This program promotes physical fitness and improves balance and coordination while learning proper skating techniques. This program is open to beginner through advanced skaters.
- Ice & Event Schedule